- Date Posted:
26 October 2016
An new role has arisen for a Construction Engineer to work on UMC projects.
So if you have had experience of working in the marine industry (ports, jetty, shipways, sea protection), have a construction engineering qualification, have excellent attention to detail and can work effectively independently and as part of a team then please apply, and you will have the opportunity to work in a passionate team.
UMC are growing and so it is an exciting time to join their business and be part of their future success.
Overall Purpose of Role
The Construction Engineer will work within the Technical Management Team and deliver projects that are managed in accordance with the Quality Management System, Group Policies and Marine Construction standards. They will provide technical assistance & support in the development of construction strategies and plans. They will ensure the service and QHSE aspects of projects are met or exceeded.
1. To support the Senior PM in the delivery of projects.
2. To plan, supervise, manage and perform tasks such as but not limited to: feasibility studies, engineering analysis & design, plan approval work, site supervision, specification writing, cost estimating.
3. Interpret the design of Ports & maritime structures to ensure successful delivery of projects.
4. Develop plans, specifications and construction documents.
5. Develop technical reports and provide senior level review of the technical work product.
6. Preparation of PQQ, ITT proposals and scopes of work.
7. As appropriate assist in the development and marketing of the Technical business stream.
8. Monitoring the technical performance of projects.
9. To provide technical guidance to MTS-US and Group on Engineering Construction operations.
10. Maintain a full working knowledge of commercial Marine Construction Engineering standards such as but not limited to; Contractors design Management (CDM) regulations, NEC3 & NEC3 Short term project regulations & guidance.
Competency Requirements of the role (Essential skills, qualifications and experience)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related field.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in supervising commercial Civil engineering projects.
3. Ability to develop plans and specifications for construction projects.
4. Ability to interface with Clients.
5. Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
6. Working experience with multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
7. Eligibility for Security Clearance up to UK Secret.
If interested please apply via www.Vcrew.com. Note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be in touch with short listed candidates within 3 weeks of receipt of application.