Senior Technical Project Manager
- Date Posted:
26 October 2016
Due to growth, We have vacancies for two Senior Project Managers who will provide technical onsite support including dry docks on a global basis. The role will also support tender analysis, invoice negotiation and specification writing and other work in the broader technical community.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provide Practical On-site Support in Key Technical Activity Area’s for vessel technical management including drydocking, lay-ups, takeovers, incident investigation and technical troubleshooting.
Provide support as necessary and as agreed with the Regional Technical Directors to fleet cells/offices in case of incidents or exceptional technical problems.
Provide onsite support within regional offices during periods of high technical workload demand.
To support the technical team in establishing technical management standards including review of procedures, policies and circulars to ensure that technical operations are conducted in accordance with highest applicable standards.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Delivering scheduled and emergency dry docking projects.
2. Delivering vessel takeover projects.
3. Delivering incident investigations.
4. Delivering technical support to all applicable technical projects.
5. Delivering vessel lay-up projects.
6. Assisting the tech board in Defining policies, procedures and standards and the practical application of such standards across the Group.
7. Support operational activities which could be significantly improved if administered on a Group basis.
8. Support the Defining technical standards to meet rules and clients' requirements.
9. Support the Group training function, develop and contribute to the technical content of shore and crew staff development training materials
10. Auditing if requested for the Assessing the performance of Regional Offices technical departments.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB: (Essential skills, qualifications and experience)
• Extensive technical experience in managing dry dockings and large repairs. A minimum of 25 to 50 executed dry dockings is the envisaged level of experience with a variety of ship types.
• Proven experience in Specification writing and review.
• Proven experience in Project Management and cost control execution. Ideally with a formal qualification in project management.
• Proven experience of Dry Dock tender analysis and final invoice negotiation.
• Graduate Chartered Engineer with Ship Repair experience or previously sailing experience as a Chief Engineer could also be considered.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people of all levels and cultures.
• Experienced user of MS Office with a high standard of computer literacy.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
• Financial and budgetary experience.
• Team training, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Capability to work in various languages regarded as an advantage.
• Travel level is anticipated to be 140+ days per year.
If interested please apply via www.Vcrew.com. Note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be in touch with short listed candidates within 3 weeks of receipt of application.