Group Technical Support Engineer
- Date Posted:
- 9 November 2016
V.Ships is the world’s largest ship management company and a post has arisen as a result of procedural changes in the V. Ship (V.Docks) technical team which has led to team growth.
Successful candidate will provide global support to all V.Docks projects. It’s a promise that no two days will be the same and given the growth of the business in addition to the tasks below there will be other exciting work to complete that will impact the whole of Vships.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide global support to all V.Docks projects, for the development of Dry Docking Specifications, Tender Analysis and all aspects of Dry Docking project support.
To support the SSC and Marine Technical Services business units through the support of cross sales opportunities across Marine Operations identified in technical group activities.
To assist in providing central support to all Marine Operation offices on technical and legislative matters, including Incident Investigation analysis, review and update of appropriate technical policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and international standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
1. Tender analysis of quotations managed through V.Docks.
2. Develop and review Dry-dock and large repair specifications.
3. Develop knowledge management tools to support specification development, review, tender analysis, project cost control and post project negotiation.
4. Assist in the preparation of the supporting documents for the analysis of repair tenders and project cost control.
5. Assist Fleet Managers and Technical Superintendents with the compilation of Dry-Dock enquiries by liaising with technical specialists.
6. Support project control procedures and knowledge management initiatives.
7. Compile and maintain V.Docks KPI Reports.
8. Support and Maintain V.Docks Dry-docking system and attend MO offices where required, to train Technical Personnel how to use and implement V.Docks system.
1. Review Technical aspect of new business Risk Assessments and budgets as required.
2. Manage KPI reports and collate statistics in accordance with required centralised technical reporting standards, including quarterly benchmark reports.
3. Assist with the analysis of Incident Investigation statistics and prepare relevant reports and presentations for distribution.
4. The collation and review of replies to technical focus campaigns in support of implementation in management offices.
5. Compose circular letters, technical bulletins and technical advice memorandums for review and publication via the central Compliance function and provide to them for administering and filing the publication of same. ensuring that relevant sections of above publications are aligned with VMS (Safety Management System)
6. Assist MO Technical Support Engineer on Technical Projects as required.
7. Compile and deliver Technical Presentations on evolving Technical Statutory Requirements and Efficient Operation of vessel Machinery and Systems and give support to the Tech campaigns as necessary.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB: (Qualifications, Experience, Skills & abilities, Personal qualities).
1 Previous experience within the Technical Department,
or previous experience in an Technical Engineering position in the Marine industry, is essential.
2 Seagoing or ship repair / building experience is essential.
3 Member of IMarEST or similar professional body.
4 A high Level of verbal and written communications
5 Experienced user of MS Office with a high standard of computer literacy.
6 Ability to administer and analyse Technical and Budget reports.
7 Flexibility and Ability to work with various departments within the company.
8 Ability to be self motivate for planning and executing tasks and projects.
9 Willing to travel in support of business requirements.
Interested candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
If interested please apply via www.Vcrew.com. Note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be in touch with short listed candidates within 3 weeks of receipt of application.