- Date Posted:
14 December 2016
A rare opportunity has arisen to join a business operating in the cruise ship and leisure sector as an Administration Assistant in V.Ships Leisure UK.
The role is working as part of a small team and you would be producing reports for vessels, taking meeting minutes, chasing actions from colleagues, filing documents and making travel arrangements.
The job is varied, fast paced and no two days would be same so you would need a degree of flexibility in your approach to you work due to changing demands.
To assist the ship management team as directed and including the following.
1. Fulfil reception duties, such as answering telephones and meeting and greeting visitors.
2. Send and distribute, as required and in a timely manner, emails, letters, reports, documents, DHL communications, office mail etc., keeping records of dispatch and follow up as may be necessary.
3. Maintain, as required, systematic records and files in ShipSure, V.Net and shared office drives, ensuring the rapid and accurate retrieval of information is provided.
4. Assist in processing and retrieval of data and the provision of soft and hard copy reports as directed, including monthly vessel reports.
5. Make and/or co-ordinate travel/visa arrangements for office staff and contractors with travel department, vessels & port agents.
Requirements of the job
Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills across varied cultures.
Can engage and interact with people at all levels.
Good organisational and planning skills and a proven ability to work to, and meet, tight deadlines.
Good IT skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
If interested please apply via www.Vcrew.com. Note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be in touch with short listed candidates within 3 weeks of receipt of application.