EU Operations Field Manager
- Date Posted:
20 December 2016
UMC are a bespoke underwater engineering business operating from our site Eastleigh, Hampshire. A brand new role has arisen in the UMC business for an EU Operations Manager, this is a senior role with responsibility for employees and operations in Southampton and Rotterdam. The postholder will act as a go-between for between the General Manager and other members of the teams and also be a key account manager for some of our accounts.
The successful candidate will be an excellent people manager, have an working knowledge of general operations, diving, engineering. There would be an expectation for some travel, and post holder would need to be adaptable in what they did. The team are busy, friendly and approachable.
The purpose of the EU Operations Manager is to manage diving operations/projects across all MTS-US Europe sites to maintain the service quality and maximise sales and profitability. To lead and inspire the Operations Staff to deliver consistently high standard of customer service and maximise business development opportunities and customer satisfaction.
1. In conjunction with the EU General Manager ensure that the profitability and growth targets for the MTS-US EU Profit Centre are achieved.
2. Consistently deliver safe and profitable work that meets or exceeds our customers’ requirements.
3. Provide ‘Know How’ to Ops & Dive teams related to High Tech Projects and take project lead with regards to communication/proposals/planning & delivery of these projects.
4. Direction of Operational, Administration & Diving Staff
5. In conjunction with the Operations Co-Ordinators and the Maintenance Manager ensure that manpower and equipment resources are optimised to meet Operational demands/KPIs.
6. Keep accurate records as directed for reporting profitability, KPI, etc for weekly/monthly reporting.
7. Ensure all work undertaken by the EU Profit Centre is in accordance with UMC Quality and HSE management system and all appropriate guidance issued by the V.Group.
8. Keep current and up to date with all relevant diving regulations.
9. Carry out the duties of a Client Approved Representative
10. In conjunction with Finance colleagues ensure compliant and consistent financial management/reporting of jobs/projects.
11. In conjunction with other Underwater and Group colleagues contribute to achieving the underwater pillar business objectives.
12. Proactively support and deliver staff training, including Sub-contractors where appropriate.
13. Act as key Account Manager on assigned accounts.
Competency Requirements of the role (Essential skills, qualifications and experience)
• Minimum Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Minimum 5 years managing afloat ship repair and inshore diving projects
• Effective Customer Relationship Manager.
• Demonstrate sufficient business and financial acumen to manage and report project and profit centre profitability.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.
If interested please apply via www.Vcrew.com. Note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be in touch with short listed candidates within 3 weeks of receipt of application.