Stockton on Tees
- Date Posted:
8 January 2017
We are looking for a Travel Manager in our Stockton on Tees office. The role is brand new and has arisen as result of an internal business restructure.
We are looking specifically for someone who has business or maritime/ offshore travel experience and has proven people management skills.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
1. Undertake the activities of the Travel Department within IATA requirements.
2. Line management responsibility for team leaders with a hands-on approach.
3. Managing relationships with internal and external customers to maximise business levels.
4. Manage satellite offices/staff as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
Line management responsibility for the Team Leader (across all locations), inclusive of;
1. Regular 121’s and performance management of direct reports.
2. Setting of direct reports objectives and assisting team leader(s) to maintain consistent objectives throughout the business
3. Monitor client satisfaction and escalate issues to Key Account Manager as required
4. Resource allocation inclusive of hiring and inducting of new employees
5. Manage leave & sickness to ensure office is fully resourced at all times
- Liaise closely with Applications manager to ensure consistency across the operating offices and assisting Applications Manager by working with the operating offices to assess, implement and maintain process improvements, implementation of technology and any other changes as required
- Nurture relationships with customers inclusive of regular account management meetings / provide relevant information to Key Account Manager
- Regular team meetings, whilst working with colleagues across all business units to ensure consistency in process/ procedures and sharing of best practice.
- Support Travel Accounts with administration issues/queries
- Manage internal controls effectively
- Escalation of relevant accounting (client or supplier) queries to a point of resolution
- Assist in onboarding new clients
- Any other related duties as delegated within the scope and level of the post.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Able to use Amadeus or equivalent software
• Experience in a similar role
• Customer focussed and ability to work as part of a busy team
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Attention to detail
• Ability to think and react quickly and calmly when under pressure.
• Organised and self-motivated
• Lead by example
• Fluent in English, written & verbal
• Experience of Protas or other back office software
• Familiarity with sales driven environment
• Experience in an international/matrix structure
• Understanding of budgetary process
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK. Please apply via www.Vcrew.com. Note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be in touch with short listed candidates within 3 weeks of receipt of application.