Lead Developer - UX
- Date Posted:
- 17 May 2017
We are looking for great C# Developers who possesses that rare flare for creating engaging UX for full time positions. The main technologies we are looking for are C#, .Net 4.5 or higher, XAML and WPF experience. You will be interested in working in a collaborative team that prides itself on providing the ultimate user-experience for their product. You will get exposure to building enterprise scale applications covering Finance, Procurement, HR, Marine and Offshore Operations and Asset Management.
About the Company
V.Ships is the world’s largest outsourced ship manager with over 70 offices in 34 different countries providing a wide range of marine services. ShipSure is an in-house designed and developed application, specifically built for the Shipping Industry to support the delivery of V.Ship’s core ship management services.
About the Role
V.Ships is currently carrying out a major redevelopment of ShipSure using their in-house oversight team based in Glasgow and partnering with a UX specialist in Seattle along with a development partner in Mumbai. Key modules of ShipSure will be developed in Glasgow. ShipSure delivery to the business will be phased over the next few years and there will be an on-going need to work with external ShipSure customers.
Your role will be to work with the technical architecture team, UX designers, product managers, business analyst, technical authors, project office, and development teams (in Glasgow and offshore) to support the delivery of ShipSure to the business.
A Developer is a critical position for ensuring that ShipSure meets the needs of the business and that these expected benefits are realised by the business.
To be successful in the role you will be organised, enthusiastic and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use C#.NET and WPF knowledge to implement quality front-end GUI for Windows applications.
- Create Data templates, Control Templates, and Triggers in XAML/WPF
- Document and organize UI/UX styles, patterns, models collaborating with UX designers.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of layout and user centered design methods.
- Good understanding of MVVM patterns and have applied them in several projects
- Collaborate with other developers and teams for the ultimate end-user product
- Design new application interaction models and product features as proof-of-concept designs to demonstrate ideas.
- Help define look and feel for future line of business desktop, mobile and web based applications.
- Provide a professional level of polished design to the user interface.
- Collaborate and successfully communicate ideas with other engineers, architects, business analysts and executive management around design standards, practices and policies.
11. Ensure consistent information architecture and usability throughout the UI design
12. Work within the project framework to support the delivery of software product functional areas
13. Work with product managers, business analysts, UX designers and business representative to interpret requirements and create WPF designs that are creative and innovative, but workable
14. Design and develop commercial quality code for key product modules.
15. Collaborate with the other members of the technical authority team to develop of WPF view-model standards and oversee application by development teams (in Glasgow and offshore).
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Essential skills, qualifications and experience & level of competence.
· Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification(CIPD or equivalent)
· At least 3 years development with Microsoft .Net specifically C# with hands on experience of:
o Full WPF development including UI and usability design
o MVVM pattern, with MVVM Light preferred
o Prism application composition with IoC, and with Unity preferred
o Task Parallel Library/Multi-threading
o Creating custom controls, animations, and transitions in XAML
o Desktop, web and mobile development with Microsoft .Net
· Must have completed a successfully deployed an enterprise level software application
· Knowledge of desktop, mobile/tablet features, patterns and platforms.
· Version control with TFS
· Experience working with a small, highly collaborative dev team
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Mentoring and Team leaderships
Flexible & friendly