- Date Posted:
17 May 2017
**Please note that this role is a six month contract**
We are looking for that great web developer who will work closely with all disciplines of the project team to develop solutions, applications and data services. The role also allows the developer to contribute and extend the Enterprise framework solution of the group. You will have experience implementing web solutions and are interested in working in a collaborative team that prides itself on providing the ultimate user-experience for their product. The main technologies they are looking for are Microsoft .Net stack, C#, ASP.Net, MVC, IIS, Umbraco and SQL.
About the Company
V.Ships is the world’s largest outsourced ship manager with over 70 offices in 34 different countries providing a wide range of marine services. ShipSure is an in-house designed and developed application, specifically built for the Shipping Industry to support the delivery of V.Ship’s core ship management services.
About the Role
V.Ships is currently carrying out a major redevelopment of ShipSure using their in-house oversight team based in Glasgow and partnering with a UX specialist in Seattle along with a development partner in Mumbai. Key modules of ShipSure will be developed in Glasgow. ShipSure delivery to the business will be phased over the next few years and there will be an on-going need to work with external ShipSure customers.
Your role will be to work with UX designers, product managers, business analyst, technical authors, project office, and development teams (in Glasgow and offshore) to support the delivery of ShipSure to the business.
Web Developer is a critical position for ensuring that ShipSure meets the needs of the business and that these expected benefits are realised by the business.
To be successful in the role you will be organised, enthusiastic and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use Microsoft .Net to implement quality Web applications and solutions.
- Implement business processes, rules and workflows from requirements.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of layout and user centered design methods.
- Experienced in MVC pattern and have applied them in several projects
- Collaborate with other developers and teams for the ultimate end-user product
- Design new application interaction models and product features as proof-of-concept designs to demonstrate ideas.
- Help define look and feel for future line of web based applications.
- Provide a professional level of user interface and responsive web design across platforms.
- Collaborate and successfully communicate ideas with other engineers, architects, business analysts and executive management around design standards, practices and policies.
10. Ensure consistent information architecture and usability throughout the UI design
11. Work within the project framework to support the delivery of software product functional areas
12. Work with product managers, business analysts, UX designers and business representative to interpret requirements and create designs that are creative and innovative, but workable
13. Design and develop commercial quality code for key product modules.
14. Collaborate with the other members of the technical authority team to develop standards and oversee web application by development teams (in Glasgow and offshore).
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Essential skills, qualifications and experience & level of competence.
· Degree qualified or relevant professional qualification (CIPD or equivalent).
· 5+ Years development with Microsoft .Net, specifically C#.
· At least 3 years hands on experience of:
o ASP.Net with MVC
o jQuery / jQuery UI
o HTML5 / CSS3
o SQL, knowledge of ORM beneficial
o IIS, Web Services, RESTful, Web API
o Umbraco and AngularJS would be beneficial
o Best Practice in Security
· Must have completed a successfully deployed an enterprise level software application.
· Knowledge of web solutions and platforms, with SSAS beneficial.
· Experience working with a small, highly collaborative dev team, and Version control with TFS.
· Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment and TDD.
· Mentoring and Team leadership.
Flexible & friendly.