Finance Assistant - maternity cover contract
- Date Posted:
30 May 2017
**Please note that this opportunity is initially a six month contract, with a possibility for extension**
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Finance Assistant - what does that involve?
The overall purpose of this role is to manage day to day financial transaction processing which includes, but is not limited to, processing transactions through the multi-currency sales and purchase ledgers and processing of expenses, petty cash and payments to suppliers. You will also act as first point of contact for queries from suppliers, Operations and Commercial.
Key Duties will include:
- To ensure that all sales ledger and purchase ledger transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner using a number of interface systems.
- Housekeeping the AP/AR ledgers where necessary.
- To ensure that all suppliers are paid in a timely manner, taking responsibility for the weekly payment run.
- Various reconciliations including: supplier statements, entity bank accounts, sales ledger and purchase ledger.
- Assisting with the weekly cash flow forecast.
- Ensuring that business financial controls are fully compliant with Group control guidelines.
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to processing procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT and other statutory returns.
- Prepare intercompany monthly fund request.
- To assist the Finance Managers/Management Accountants with the month end process.
- Assist with the implementation of the new ERP system.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Any other jobs that may arise from time to time that the Finance Assistant could be reasonably expected to perform
What are V.Group looking for?
- Experience in a finance department and with data processing essential.
- Experience in a global organisation is advantageous.
- Accounting qualification preferred (AAT, HND or equivalent) although not essential.
- Computer literacy: Experience of accounting packages, proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Organised, methodical approach.
- Ability to manage large volumes of transactions and meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.