Sanctions Compliance Executive
- Date Posted:
- 30 May 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Sanctions Compliance Executive - what does that involve?
The overall purpose of this role is to support Group In-house counsel in providing V.Group business managers with advice, guidance and direction on matters relating to compliance with international sanctions.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Group In-house counsel in ensuring standard agreements including ship management, crew management, manpower supply (at sea & offshore), ship supply chain and marine technical services have adequate provisions for sanctions compliance.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on sanctions compliance, tracking and communicating any changes to sanctions to appropriate parties and highlighting associated risk.
- Acting as the central point of contact within V.Group to provide support and guidance in respect of;
- SDN checks on counterparties involved with V.Group in the course of business
- Helping review sanctions compliance questionnaires prior to vessels calling regions which require specific diligence in line with general license (eg. Iran)
- Guidance and training materials to be provided to group personnel in relation to sanctions. To liaise with Group Communications Director and Director of Corporate Governance to issue periodic internal circulars in respect of international sanctions.
- Supporting the Group In-house counsel and business units in negotiating the terminations of contracts, if required as part of the compliance procedures.
- Monitoring compliance with sanctions and reporting exceptions to appropriate internal departments and ensuring appropriate actions completed.
Any other reasonable tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Group In-house counsel.
What are V.Group looking for?
- Law degree and 1-3 years experience in a marine environment, including proven experience of BIMCO requirements and standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage complex, multi-work stream opportunities in a multicultural environment.
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong relationship and team working skills and experience.
- Competence in all Microsoft products, mainly word and excel.
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group is committed to providing colleagues with significant opportunities for personal development and career progression.