Crew Coordinator - Gdynia, Poland
- Date Posted:
- 4 June 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Crew Coordinator - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To ensure assigned vessels and positions are adequately and competently manned and operated within the prescribed budget.
- As a member of the Crew Department provide an effective, efficient and integrated service to colleagues within the office and Group international crewing network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Assist in planning the appointment of personnel to assigned vessels in accordance with company procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience/training/qualification matrices.
- Assist the Crew Manager in the preparation of a 12 month forward looking Crew Rotation Plan for assigned vessels
- Assist the Crew Manager to monitor the seafarer recruitment processes
- Be proactive with advice and support to colleagues with the aim of building strong professional working relationships. Advise the Crew Manager of any identified problems/difficulties.
- Plan, implement and control crew changes making appropriate arrangements in compliance with company procedures.
- Assist in the implementation and follow-up of Seafarers Performance Appraisals, ensure input of appraisal reports to ShipSure.
- Assist the Crew Manager to ensure that assigned vessels manning levels comply with relevant international and Flag State legislation, union agreements and, in consultation with the Fleet Superintendent are compatible with vessel’s maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
What are V.Group looking for?
Ideally, you should be:
- Ex Deck Officer, with sea-going experience OR previous experience within in the crew department within a shipping company.
- Must possess a good command of the English language, written and oral.
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group is committed to providing colleagues with significant opportunities for personal development and career progression.