Crew Assistant - Gdynia, Poland
- Date Posted:
- 4 June 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Crew Assistant - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide effective and efficient secretarial services and administrative assistance to all members of the Crew Department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Maintain accurate and up to date departmental records as required by the Crew Manager.
- Accurate input of various crew related data and information to ShipSure system
- Take telephone messages and pass accurate information to relevant member of the Crew Department,
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail correspondence as directed.
- Make travel arrangements and arrangements for meetings.
- Understudy Crew Officer Duties and advise vessels/agents regarding details of crew changes.
- Input and review budgets.
- Maintain Medscreen Drug & Alcohol Program.
- Monitor and follow up tracker alerts.
What are V.Group looking for?
Ideally, we are looking for the following:
- Computer literate, Previous experience in the Crew department of a marine management environment is desirable but not essential.
- Good communication (written and oral) skills, Ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group is committed to providing colleagues with significant opportunities for personal development and career progression.