Bid Manager - Gdynia
- Date Posted:
30 July 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Bid Manager - what does that involve?
• Single point of contact for all incoming requests for new business. Responsible for allocating incoming requests to the appropriate local office and ensure Salesforce is updated
• Collaborate with local office general managers and BD representative to understand the client requirements
• Develop competitive technical budgets in consultation with group services and group/local technical managers when required
• Work closely with crewing commercial to include a competitive crew budget
• Ensure that all relevant value added services of the group are highlighted / considered in the budget/proposal
• Engage with multiple stakeholders to have a well rounded understanding of margins across budget parameters
• Leverage internal databases (Shipsure and SBI) to ensure budgets are competitive
• Ensure that local offices provide all final budgets/proposals to the bid team and record updates in Salesforce
• Develop and maintain a group wide central database of budgets/proposals using technology as an enabler
• Provide data to sales operations team to enable measurement of proposal activity and results
• Develop and periodically update a standard budget template and high quality proposal documents
• Provide quality control before proposal is submitted to the client
• Develop greater success rate of bids won and share best practice
• Sales enablement team, including other regional bid Manager
• Local offices (BD/GMs and local operational managers where applicable)
• Group services leads
• Crewing commercial
• Group services
• IT department (SBI database)
What are V.Group looking for?
• Experience in shipping industry with strong understanding of technical costs across cargo vessels
• Understanding of the shipping market (experience in west/ east region as applicable)
• Commercial acumen
• Strong communication skills and a proven track record of multiple stakeholder management
• Strong excel and power point presentation skills
• Ability to work within tight timelines
• Proven capabilities in following a process driven approach
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group is committed to providing colleagues with significant opportunities for personal development and career progression.