1. Schedule and conduct vessel internal audits and safety inspections in compliance with VMS, ISM, ISPS, MLC 2006, ISO standards, other applicable regulatory requirements and industry best practice to provide independent compliance assessment of the vessel. Ensure outstanding defects are reported to the Designated Person and Fleet Manager. COP 2.2.6 / 2.3.14 / 2.3.15 / 5.10
2. Schedule and conduct environmental compliance inspections on managed vessels to confirm compliance with regulatory requirements, the VMS and industry best practice.
3. In liaison with Fleet and MSQ Superintendents ensure that Performance Appraisals are conducted for Senior Officers onboard assigned vessels as per VMS Procedures and contribute as appropriate to their career development through identification of training needs. COP 7.15
4. Conduct other inspections / Investigations and support vessels as may be needed.
5. Input the reports generated from internal audits, safety inspections and environmental compliance inspections into Shipsure and track their timely close out by the management office.
6. Conduct sailing navigation audits as needed by fleet cell or remote navigation audits using VDR and other available data.
7. Attend and provide support in dry dock to fleet cell as may be requested.
What are V. Group looking for?
Minimum qualification of Class 2 (1st Mate) / 2nd Eng. certificate of competency and seagoing experience as a Chief Officer / 2nd Eng. pursuant to the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch-keeping for Seafarers (STCW), 1978, as amended.
Other formal education combined with not less than three years practical senior level experience in ship management operations.
Qualifications from a tertiary institution recognized by the Administration or by the recognized organization, within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science