Helpdesk Administrator - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
29 August 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Helpdesk Administrator - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Working with the group I.S team, responsible for support of existing computer systems and applications group wide.
- Responsible for ensuring all IT processes are auditable and compliant.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the operation of the computer systems within the group and dealing with all operational problems arising during the daily running of the systems.
- Ensuring that data integrity and security procedures are followed.
- Completing support tasks allocated as per operational support guidelines.
- Work within the core business hours stated by the Support Team leader or Group I.S. Service and Infrastructure Manager
- Provide Point of Contact for all first line calls and emails received
- Administer Active Directory users and Computers
- Monitor active tickets to ensure correct lifecycle is being followed
- Provide weekly statistics and reports on incoming incidents / requests
- Point of contact for all audit requests.
- Ensuring all support processes are complainant.
- Reporting to the Line manager on all aspects of ISD
- Being available out with core hours to fulfil any IT duties required by the Support Team Manager or Group I.S. Service and Infrastructure Manager
- Any other duties which the Support Team leader or Group I.S. Service and Infrastructure Manager may require to be carried out.
What are V.Group looking for?
- Further / higher education level qualifications in an IT related field
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of Cisco Call Manager, Trackit Helpdesk would be beneficial
- An understanding of ITIL principles
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group is committed to providing colleagues with significant opportunities for personal development and career progression.