Fleet Manager - Offshore Dive & Construction Vessels - Aberdeen
- Date Posted:
3 September 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Fleet Manager - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
You will be responsible for the customer fleet operations, ensuring that objectives are delivered and operational efficiencies realised. You will also be the Internal focal point for vessel reliability and performance including budgetary performance, liaising closely and regularly with the customer.
You will provide management and development to the Vessel Management and HSE teams providing mentoring and coaching as applicable to team members. Additionally, you will ensure short term and long term objectives and focuses are correctly balanced and resourced to ensure continuous improvement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Ensuring that the organisations’ core values are met and adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring customer focus is maintained (internal & external)
- Ensure business objectives and corporate KPl's are achieved.
- Management, training and development of direct line reports within the department.
- Maintain a good working relationship and open lines of communications with the clients Operations department ensuring that they are kept fully appraised of concerns, issues or plans relating to the employed assets to offer service delivery excellence.
- Drive operational efficiencies and performance improvements across the customer fleet, identifying opportunities and innovative solutions.
- Development and compilation of processes and procedures within the department to ensure a first class management service is delivered to our customers.
- Attend and provide operational input into client performance reviews
- Ensure vessel defects are closed out satisfactorily and within a timely fashion.
- Review and assessment of vessel improvement plans and where applicable the implementation of the same with involvement from all key stakeholders.
- Ensure vessel dry dockings and out of service periods are fully planned, work scopes clearly identified and properly budgeted and quality, safety and resource plans are in place prior to the commencement of the project.
- Assist in the compilation of the annual running cost budgets for the vessels
- Identify CAPEX expenditure for vessel improvements and upgrades.
- Initiate and oversee business improvement initiatives within the department.
- Undertake vessel visits to demonstrate visible leadership from within the department as well as to engage with the key stakeholders offshore
- Support the Vessel Managers and provide back up to them when required.
- Ensure that all internal audits are completed on all assets in line with the agreed schedule
- Ensure that all assets are adequately supported with respect to marine HSE.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be reasonable requested by the line manager
- All employees have a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do;
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters
- Correctly use work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training or instructions; and
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health and safety or welfare.
- We require that all employees participate actively in ALL QHSE activities and promote safe systems and practices as an integrated management approach to business.
All personnel are required to abide by the Environmental Protection processes in place and to actively participate in REDUCING, REUSING and RECYCLING schemes in place. All efforts to reduce emissions of Green House Gases through elimination, substitution, reduction or new I improved technologies must be considered through all activities
What are V.Group looking for?
- People management and development of preferably an onshore team.
- Previous ship management experience - covering dive and construction vessels in the offshore sector.
- Strong project management skills
- Management of budgets
- Experience in Offshore Vessel Operations
- Proven strong customer relationship and service delivery skills
- First class professional management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels within the organisation.
- Organised and structured approach to work plans and meetings
- Adaptability and problem solving capability.
- Strong technical and engineering skills.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferably in an engineering discipline (marine, mechanical, naval architecture, MBA).
- TM Master planned maintenance system experience.
- UKKOA Medical
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group is committed to providing colleagues with significant opportunities for personal development and career progression.