1. Under direction of the Sr Crew Manager/Travel manager and in consultation with the operations staff, arrange travel of
officers and ratings assigned to the managed / manned fleet, ensuring that the crew arrives at the port of embarkation
within the time frame available in accordance with the vessels itinerary.
2. Liaising with the Agents at the port/place of engagement keeping them informed and update about the arrival details to
ensure safe placement on board or elsewhere
3. Maintaining contact with the Travel Department at V. Ships offices globally, particularly V Ships Monaco, for
arranging travel of personnel assigned to the managed / manned fleet or elsewhere at most economical rates.
4. Maintaining contact with the Company appointed local Travel Agents for arranging travel of personnel assigned to the
managed / manned fleet or elsewhere, ensuring that the most competitive fare is being offered.
5. Liaising with the various airlines to keep abreast of incentives and/or special fares offered from time to time, and
keeping the management advised of the same so that maximum benefit of such incentives is availed.
6. Be fully proficient in the use of Galileo CRS, and make full use of this facility while arranging travel.
7. Keep the Sr Crew Manager and the operations staff advised of visa and or any other special requirements for joining
personnel at the port/place of engagement.
8. Any other duties, including airport attendance, or responsibilities assigned by the Managing Director.
What are V. Group looking for?
1. Thorough knowledge of Galileo CRS.
2. Thorough knowledge of special terms governing seamen (air) travel including incentives and/or special fares offered.
3. Basic knowledge of Maritime Geography.
4. Graduate with 2-3 years experience in travel arrangements.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.