KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. Develop the strategy and roadmap, supplemented with short-term, mid-term and long-term goals and objectives to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Regional Crewing Operations.
2. Create, build and sustain effective working relationships and networks with key stakeholders (e.g. Ship Management, Crewing Operations Support, Operations Excellence, Commercial and Cost Control, Compliance and Quality etc.)
3. Monitor progress and ensure consistency in performance of assigned business units and operating locations against agreed metrics and KPIs.
4. Ensure and support the effective development and promotion of existing and new business. To initiate, review and "sign off" risk assessments including GRP for all new business opportunities.
5. To liaise with clients and ensure services are delivered as contractually agreed.
6. To ensure compliance with internal VMS and Quality Systems and external regulatory requirements including; Maritime Labor Convention (MLC 2006), ISM Code, STCW, oil majors strict internal and external operational safety requirements that may go beyond industry requirements, and etc.
7. To ensure there are proper Contractual and Service Level Agreements are in place between Crewing Operations and its clients, service providers and employees.
8. To ensure that all Seafarers Employment procedures strictly adheres to both internal and external regulatory and compliance requirement.
9. Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress towards stated goals and objectives.
10. Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance (P&C) and new services/project development.
11. Develops and sustains workforce competency. Coach the team members to enhance their competency and capability across the full range of disciplines in Crewing Operations.
What are V. Group looking for?
• A minimum of 10+ years’ experience at manager/director level in a similar sector
• Proven ability in dealing with challenging organisational structures.
• Proven leadership skills and evidence of resilience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative as part of a multi-location team.
• Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources.
• Decision making/complex problem solving and analytical capability a key requisite.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills with ability to make change happen.
• Comprehensive knowledge on the regulatory requirements in the crewing industry.
• Strong Financial Acumen and must have managed consolidated budgets in the part.
• Preferably Singaporean or a Singapore Permanent Resident
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth