Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Fleet Crew Manager - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To work as an integrated member of the Fleet team, in order to ensure that each vessel of the managed fleet is:
1) Manned with qualified, certificated and medically fit seafarers in accordance with national and international requirements,
2) Appropriately manned in order to encompass all aspects of maintaining safe operations on board; and,
3) Adequately and competently manned within a prescribed budget in accordance with the applicable ship management / crew management agreement
To manage the career development of seafarers in the fleet pool and focus on the overall improvement of seafarer performance.
To manage the Crew Department and ensure delivery of an effective and efficient crewing service to all stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
Reporting to the Fleet Manager and working as an integral part of the Fleet Team, responsible for:
1. Managing the crewing staff to undertake the crew management of all officers, ratings and trainees for the fleet.
2. Overview and monitor the seafarer recruitment processes, ensuring full compliance with VMS.
3. Overview and monitor the behavioural and operational performance of seafarers and play an active part in the development of their careers by utilising the information in Appraisals, Seafarer Development Checklists and Personal Training Record Books. Recommend training needs for improvement requirements on the appraisals and ensure that identified training is carried out by coordinating with the Training Manager for implementation of any training needs and/or recommendation of seagoing personnel. Follow up with the vessel’s masters as required, for any training required to be completed onboard as per the training matrix.
4. Ensuring effective coordination with Regional Marine Operations Offices (Crew) and Third Party Crewing Agencies supplying seafarers to the fleet.
5. Ensuring implementation of procedures in an emergency.
6. Ensuring crew planning is effective in order to manage the seafarer pool in accordance with VMS procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience and training/qualification matrices; advising the Fleet Manager of any deficiencies or concerns.
7. Monitor vessel manning levels ensuring full compliance with relevant international and Flag State legislation, Union agreements ensuring, in consultation with the Fleet Manager, the levels are compatible with the vessel's maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
8. ShipSure crewing data quality for the fleet.
9. Ensuring that senior officers visit the Fleet Cell as required by VMS and Fleet Manager requirements.
10. Conduct seafarer de-briefing, advising Fleet Managers regarding all significant feedback.
11. Provide support and guidance on crew welfare matters.
12. To prepare crew budgets (for final approval by Fleet Manager) and ensure adherence to those budgets through effective cost control.
What are V. Group looking for?
Tertiary education (beyond high school, incl. diplomas, and above)
Excellent communication (oral and written) skills,
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels
Thorough awareness and good understanding of cultural and diversity issues.
Good organisational and planning skills,
Proven ability to work to, and meet, tight deadlines.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.
**Please note that you should submit your CV in English**