Bid Manager - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
- 1 October 2017
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To act as a single point of contact across the Group for any new business budgets. To coordinate and ensure that these are delivered as per market requirements while maintaining our profitability. This includes all Group services (Oceanic Catering, V.Travel, SeaTec, MARCAS, etc.)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. To take a lead role in the management of Budget preparation, from start to finish, from decision whether to or not to bid, through to involvement with the pitch presentation rehearsal and ultimately debrief.
2. Liaise with the budget requestor to determine client requirements.
3. Communicate the approach, expectations and deadlines, i.e. a plan and schedule in formulating and submitting the budget.
4. Review the proposed budgets to establish best proposal keeping in view both cost and price.
5. Agree on the pricing / level of discount.
6. To get final sign off by Bid Team and the Budget Requestor.
7. To debrief and share lessons learned when a bid is accepted or not accepted.
8. Maintain intelligence and knowledge library, i.e., previous competitive pricing response, response evaluations and market intelligence.
9. Understand recognized bid management process and ensure continuous improvement is achieved across the bid management lifecycle.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB (essential skills, qualifications and experience)
1. A bachelor’s degree in relevant field, preferably Finance, Engineering.
2. High-level of proposal writing skills in English language.
3. Have abilities to confidently and persuasively present a business case.
4. Ability to work in high-pressure environment to demanding deadlines.
5. Ability to understand and articulate key market issues, complex product functionality and customer requirements
6. Capability to establish credibility and rapport with key business stakeholders and forms teams across organizational boundaries.