Group Accountant - London
- Date Posted:
11 October 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Group Accountant - what does that involve?
This is a key role in our finance function - you will have responsibility for accounting for several head office entities including accounting for the groups treasury back office, with the expectation you will be able to identify and implement process improvements. You will also assist in preparing the Group statutory accounts, implementing new accounting standards, and reviewing subsidiary accounts.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· Full responsibility for a number of Head Office entities including but not limited to:
o Entity accounts
o VAT returns
o Making payment runs and reconciling the bank account
o All month end journals
o Month end and ad hoc reporting including analysis
o Maintaining all supporting documentation and month end balance sheet files
o Tracking key projects
o Helping with forecasts and budgets
o Statutory accounts
· The main contact for inter company transactions, tasks include but not limited to:
o Running the Group’s inter company payment / settlement process on a monthly basis
o Producing and distributing inter company reconciliation statements
· Supporting the Group Financial Reporting manager with the Group’s statutory requirements including:
o Looking after the statutory consolidations and maintaining supporting workbooks
o Supporting the local accountants with statutory accounts preparation
o Reviewing statutory accounts
· Full responsibility for the Group’s Treasury Back Office including:
o Processing and confirming FX and swap deals
o Agreeing any netting of FX deals with the banks
o Maintaining a foreign exchange database
o Reviewing and helping to prepare and consolidate the Corporate and Group cash forecasts
· Ad hoc tasks
What are V. Group looking for?
· Strong ACA, Big 4 trained qualified accountant or similar
· Technically and numerically strong
· Excellent Excel skills
· Comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure (previous experience needs to have been demonstrated)
· Attention to detail
· Understands what good looks like
· Can perform reconciliations
· Exposure to Foreign Exchange
· Exposure to Group accounts including consolidation journals
· Exposure to Group consolidation systems
· Can prepare a set of statutory accounts in IFRS
· Able to work on their own as well as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· Ability to use initiative
· Good Time Management
· Has a strong character
· Electronic Banking exposure
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.