Vessel Financial Controller - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
- 1 November 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector
Vessel Financial Controller - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure a strong relationship with the Client, provide all the necessary financial information that they require and to take responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information. To ensure that there are strong relationships between the local management office and the accounting hub. This will involve ensuring that all parties receive the necessary information required in an efficient and timely manner.
1) Build the relationship with the Client to ensure that all necessary management information required is provided in a timely, accurate and meaningful manner and that the Client is completely satisfied with the financial information.
2) Build relationships with in-house departments to ensure that the financial information flow between the ship management cells and the accounting hub is organised efficiently.
3) Ensure that the financial information provided to the Client is representative of the vessels activities and trading.
4) Ensure that the fund requests are prepared on the basis of the known liabilities falling due within the period to the next scheduled fund request so that all the commitments can be paid within the agreed terms. In addition, ensure that the Clients are fully aware of the complete funding position of the vessels (including accruals) on a regular basis.
5) Ensure that all Client records under supervision are maintained in accordance with the established accounting policies and procedures including the regular review of general ledgers.
1) Provide support and assistance to the accounting Hub to ensure that they are fully aware of the Clients and inhouse management team’s expectations.
2) Implementing authorised internal controls and ensuring compliance with all Group policies and procedures.
3) Commitments – ensure that costs incurred by the fleet management cell personnel are recorded in the accounting system by the appropriate person when the costs are incurred.
4) Financial reporting to Clients – review of all accounting reports prior to the distribution to the Clients.
5) Variance Reporting including quarterly forecasts – assisting the fleet management cell personnel in the preparation of the reports and reviewing the final version with the Fleet Manager prior to submitting it to the Client.
6) Fleet Liability Reporting – review / comment on the report prepared by the Hub, prior to submitting it to the Divisional Vessel Accounts Controller within the agreed timescales
7) Monitoring the age of the outstanding invoices, particularly for Group companies and contracted suppliers (eg MARCAS), and highlight any potential failure to the agreed payment terms to the Fleet Manager, Managing Director and the Divisional Vessel Accounts Controller.
8) Liase with the Clients’ auditors.
9) Keeping the Fleet Manager informed of any issues or matters that may result in either the Client or in-house departments having cause for concern.
10) Monitoring of working practices a
What are V. Group looking for?
Ideally the person would be a passed finalist at ACCA/CIMA or be qualified through experience with a proven academic track record.
Multi-Skilled (ability to complete tasks with minimum of supervision), commitment, interpersonal skills, people management, leadership, capacity to motivate, delegation, time management, relationship management, problem solving, decision making, spoken & written communication, teamwork, initiative, dependability, punctuality, enthusiasm, computer literacy (inc. ShipSure).
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.