Head of Marketing - Glasgow or London
Glasgow or London
- Date Posted:
1 November 2017
**Please note that this role may be based in Glasgow or London**
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector
Head of Marketing - what does that involve?
This is a key role in our drive to become the world's leading ship management company. You'll paly a critical part in shaping and driving our go-to-market strategy, working closely with our business development and operational teams to formulate and deliver a compelling marketing proposition.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To manage the marketing of V.Group’s products and services through the development of appropriate marketing strategies in support of the Group strategy to improve current business returns. To work in collaboration with the Group Executive P&L leaders, the brand leaders, Sales Operations Director and the Head of Communications to ensure that all activities connect to our overall ambition.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Understand the shipping market, our position relative to our peers and competitors , in order to re-position as appropriate
- Development of value proposition led marketing strategies for core brands/services in support of the Group strategy/priorities
- Develop and execute Visual Identity Strategy for V Group companies
- Supporting voice of the customer measurement and action planning correlating with operational customer temperature data to drive improvement in high quality service
- Development of the V.Group customer experience – charters, complaint handling etc.
- Represent the B2B requirements within the Corporate websites and social media
- Lead the B2B requirements of brand/service websites and social media
- Develop a digital marketing strategy, working in partnership with the V.Group brand leaders to ensure their niche market needs are met
- Lead the design and development of compelling sales collateral to support the Sales Operations and Business Development team to ensure consistency of messaging
- Support brand leaders with copywriting
- Take ownership of V.Group events and advise on subsidiary events and activities where appropriate
- Develop Commercial, Operational Visual Dashboards in V Group Offices.
- Identify and establish a marketing network and resource in, and lead value-adding activities in core marketing disciplines
- Maximise spend across all marketing activities for V.Group and work with subsidiary marketing representatives to put in place metrics and measurements to learn and future proof marketing decisions
- Represent V.Group as the lead marketer at industry events
- Manage the Marketing budget for Corporate as well as Business Unit Marketing activities
- Work in partnership with the Head of Communications on developing the brand strategy, driving adoption of and consistency of approach across the Group internally and externally.
What are V. Group looking for?
- Significant experience in a marketing function with previous leadership experience (direct and non-direct reports)
- A marketing related degree-level qualification
- An established track record in the field of product/category marketing development
- Strong copywriting skills
- A demonstrated awareness of the sector and its products
- Adobe Creative (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) experience desirable
- Demonstrates both strategic and tactical experience
- Clear thinker with eye for trends and products
- Creativity and out of the box thinking in regards to media, content
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development.