Purchasing Officer - Cyprus
- Date Posted:
- 12 November 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector
Purchasing Officer - what does that involve?
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Accurate input of vessel and office requisitions to the company system, clarifying any additional information as required in a timely and reliable manner.
- Select suppliers from approved suppliers lists, issue enquiries and orders, using Group contracts where applicable.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of ship spares and store items, via authorisation from relevant departments and providing prompt advice of any problems.
- Progress the delivery of orders on-board; resolve any discrepancies (as advised by vessel or Fleet Cell) with suppliers.
- Back-up other Purchasing Officers’ when absent and/or when required.
- Receive, check and manage invoices within the scope of the procedures and pass to the Accounts Department for payment.
What are V. Group looking for?
Numerical accuracy combined with a methodical approach to work Good English oral and written communication skills Good interpersonal skills with an ability to develop rapport quickly Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development.