Category Manager - Lubricants, Chemical, Gases and Paints - Monaco
- Date Posted:
13 November 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector
Category Manager - what does that involve?
The Category Manager leads the definition and implementation of the strategy and measures for the assigned categories. He is responsible for preparation and execution of tendering projects and supplier negotiations until business awarding and contracting. He actively manages his category portfolio to optimize the global supplier network in terms of cost, quality and delivery (TCO). The Category Manager works in close collaboration with other key stakeholders of the company to support the group’s multi-dimensional competitiveness and sustainable EBITDA improvements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. Define and implement the Category Strategy (including annual baselining, development of long-term strategies for contracting, improvement of value proposition of the Category to the business, implementation of defined measures, performance tracking and reporting).
2. Manage and execute tendering projects within the assigned category/ies from the start to the end, according to the sourcing process in place: Tender strategy, preparation of tender package, internal and external communications, quotation analysis, supplier negotiations, contracting, business awarding.
3. Continuously analyse, benchmark and optimise the global supplier network, seeking to rationalise the tail spend by reducing / consolidating suppliers and items in the assortment and in full agreement with the business.
4. Functionally lead the Category team(s) and project based Sourcing team(s) of assigned cross-functional stakeholders (coordinating with Subject Matter Experts within the group to gather expertise and support). Communication with Purchasing Offices and Transactional / Category Buyers and Technical Stakeholders on contracted (Marcas or similar) supplier offering.
5. Map optimisation potentials and establishment of new supply contracts with a focus to increase suppliers joining the Marcas network (Marcas contract) with the aim to improve spend with Marcas contract companies to support EBITDA increase (review and analysis of the non-contracted, non-Marcas or similar, spend leakage and drive optimisation measures).
6. Liaise with Marcas Contract Manager where new contracts are needed. Collaborate with the Marcas Contract Manager in all communications with Marcas contracted suppliers and Marcas member companies as required. For non-Marcas suppliers, lead the supplier communication independently.
7. Maintain continuous monitoring of market developments, awareness of new purchasing techniques, product technologies and supply market activities related to the Category in order to identify and exploit commercial, logistical and technical opportunities.
8. Define, monitor and report category KPIs and financials (including savings performance of category, contracted / group capture spend penetration and trends, tender status updates, cycle times, etc.). Preparation and issuance of monthly standard reporting to monitor actions and implementation progresses. Prepare and present Management reports.
9. Support in escalation cases from Transactional / Category Buyers and Marcas member companies and similar relevant cases in which Category Management is a key stakeholder. What are V.Group looking for?
1. Successful track record in procurement organisation(s) with multiple stakeholders
2. Significant working experience in sourcing, ideally in Marine Technical Procurement role or within Marine Ship Supply Chain
3. BA Degree
1. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
2. Convincing communication, moderation and negotiation skills
3. Experienced in working with MS office
4. Fluent English skills
1. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage with people both inside and outside the company
2. Self-motivated, good team spirit and flexibility
3. Assertiveness with a pro-active and can-do approach to work
4. Ability to create his/her own network within the organisation and to manage by consensus
5. Good organisational and planning skills
Proven working experience in similar role with a technical focus / experience in lubricants, chemical & gases, paints is desirable.
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, V.Group offers significant opportunities for career growth and personal development.