Crew Coordinator - Piraeus
- Date Posted:
21 November 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector
Crew Coordinator - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To ensure assigned vessels are adequately and competently manned and operated within the prescribed budget.
• As a member of the Crew Department provide an effective, efficient and integrated service to colleagues within the Office and in the Manpower Supply Offices (MSO) working with compliance in mind at all times.
• KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
• Assist in planning the appointment of personnel to assigned vessels in accordance with VMS procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience/training/qualification matrices.
• Assist the Crew Manager in the preparation of a 6 month forward looking Crew Rotation Plan for assigned vessels
• Assist the Crew Manager to monitor the seafarer recruitment processes used by the MSO and/or Recruitment Agents. Be proactive with advice and support to MSO colleagues with the aim of building strong professional working relationships. Advise the Crew Manager of any identified problems/difficulties.
• Plan, implement and control crew changes making appropriate arrangements in compliance with VMS procedures.
• Assist in the implementation and follow-up of Seafarers Performance Appraisals, maintaining close liaison with the relevant reporting officer ensure input of appraisal reports to ShipSure.
• Assist the Crew Manager to ensure that assigned vessels manning levels comply with relevant international and Flag State legislation, union agreements and, in consultation with the Fleet Superintendent are compatible with vessel’s maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
• Enter all relevant seafarer data accurately into ShipSure.
• Assisting in the preparation of crew budgets and monitor adherence to those budgets through effective cost control.
• Assisting in the monitoring of crew P&I claims and assisting Insurance staff as required.
• Assist on management & monitoring of possible on board and post crew medical cases
• Any other related duties that may be assigned by the Crew Manager
What are V. Group looking for?
• University/college degree relevant to Shipping
• Good communication (oral and written) skills.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels.
• Awareness and understanding of cultural and diversity issues.
• Good organisational and planning skills.
• Flexible and adaptable with ability to work in a fast moving environment.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.