Treasurer - Chennai
- Date Posted:
30 November 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Treasurer - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Maintaining up-to-date financial records and general administration duties as required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Handle various payments via payment online platforms for authorizations.
2. Preparation of cheques for signatory and issuing by the appropriate people.
3. Liaise with accountants for payment processing and reconciliations.
4. Liaise with banking institutions on payments queries and processing.
5. Bank accounts & suppliers statements reconciliations.
6. Mailing, scanning, and other admin duties.
7. Liaise with other payments processing/colleagues from other offices.
8. Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Finance Manager or the Senior Treasurer
What are V. Group looking for?
1. With diploma/degree in Accountancy or any business-related course
2. With experience in Microsoft Office application – e.g. Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet
3. With bookkeeping skills , preferably with experience working in similar industry and department
4. With administrative and organizational skills
5. With excellent telephone and interpersonal skills
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth