Document Controller - Chennai
- Date Posted:
30 November 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Document Controller - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsible on efficiently filing and maintaining of documents and records
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Pioneer Fleet Vessels
1. Review pending items in invoice approval plat form as well as comparator and follow up with respective Fleet Personals for early coding and approvals
2. To ensure all invoices are having proper billing address and other particulars as per the client requirement before passing invoices to accounts
3. Follow up with vendors for invoices for all completed jobs
4. PO Printouts to accounts
5. Liaising with Accounts for Invoice Processing
6. Review PO / Accrual lists periodically to ensure all POs are valid
7. DCs to be obtained for all completed jobs
8. Follow up with Master’s to change status to RV in Ship sure for all completed activities as per issued PO
9. To deal with various internal / external parties in order to meet specific client / Group requirements
What are V. Group looking for?
1. With commercial experience, preferably with experience on working with finance team as credit controller or sales ledger
2. Ability to be tech-savy and with proficient background in Microsoft Office applications
3. Preferably with background on invoicing, accounts handling, banking and card payments on a credit control industry
4. With excellent time management skills
5. Good on general business knowledge
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth