Accounts Assistant - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
4 December 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Accounts Assistant - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
You'll work within our group finance function to provide an effective and timely accounting and reporting service to the group's executive management team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- manage all aspects of purchase ledger, including supplier statement reconciliation, control account reconciliation and coding, matching, batching and input of supplier invoices;
- bank account reconciliations
- recording of inter-company transactions
- journal entries for group currency hedging activities
- assisting the Group Accountant with all month end processes as appropriate
- other ad-hoc accountancy duties as an when required
What are V. Group looking for?
- solid accounting experience, with a strong understanding of the principles of double entry bookkeeping
- strong exposure to accounting software
- excellent MS Excel skills
- excellent communication skills
- solid team player
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.