Business Analyst (Six Month Contract) - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
17 December 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Business Analyst - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
V.Group is undertaking a major business change project. The project involves standardising ‘quote to cash’, finance and procurement processes across all business units and offices located in several countries. The changes are underpinned by the implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations. This has been implemented in two business units and will be extended across other businesses.
The Business Analyst (BA) will work closely with the Business Process Owners (subject matter experts) and ERP Implementation Partner throughout the roll out phase of the project to additional Business Units. Specific activities will include the GAP Analysis of the existing processes and aligning best practice across all Business Units: documenting the gap and the ‘to be’ processes, capturing questions, issues and decisions; analysing current processes, data and output documents; The ability to identify and record business requirements and perceived gaps clearly and concisely is key
As the project moves into the implementation stage for a Business Unit, the BA will work with the BPO and confirm that the system meets requirements. The BA will lead the analysis and documentation of revised process analysis’s, data analysis and resolution of defects.
The BA will provide general assistance to the BPOs and Project Manager in the completion of the implementation including review and recommendation of any necessary customisations.. This will likely include a diverse range of tasks such as data analysis, cleansing, report and output document design, end user documentation, readiness criteria and so on.
During the Configuration and Test Phases the BA will provide general support for testing activities including the provision of test data and development of test scripts and acceptance criteria.
In the Readiness Phase the BA will help with local readiness planning including activities such as change impact assessments, data migration requirements and general support for training and UAT.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in design workshops and capture key information including issues, benefits, decisions needed etc
- Identify business best practices and support adoption across the business
- Creation of gap analysis of current business requirements and to be processes.
- Continual refinement and review of processes with recommendation for change
- Support data analysis and cleansing activities
- Support creation of documentation such as template design, end user documentation
- Support testing preparation and execution
- Support training preparation and execution
- Support local implementation planning and readiness activities
- Maintain RAID information on Jira and participate in resolution of RAID items
- Collaborate effectively with project team colleagues, including Training Lead, Testing Lead, Data, Reporting & Testing Manager, Design Authority and the ERP Implementation Partner
- Be actively involved in meetings and communications with the project team and business
- Source data and documentation from Service Lines about current state processes
- Complete tasks in line with the project schedule and provide regular status updates to the Project Manager
What are V. Group looking for?
- Full lifecycle experience of an ERP system, ideally Microsoft Dynamics AX/D365, or similar large scale systems implementation projects
- Familiarity with supply chain management and/or finance business processes
- Experience of configuring an ERP system and demonstrating how the system will meet requirements.
- Self Starter: takes the initiative
- Strong communications skills and ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Proven record of documenting business requirements and processes
- Good general business change and readiness experience, including UAT and implementation planning
- Experience of having been through multiple readiness activities and system implementations
- Must be flexible and willing to get involved in a variety of tasks including data analysis, project reporting, workshop organisation and facilitation, issue resolution etc
- Excellent team working skills: able to solve problems collaboratively
- Experience of dealing with overseas subsidiaries/operations an advantage
- Experience of Agile and working with Jira/Confluence/Kanban an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join a highly interesting programme and company, in a rewarding and challenging role.