- Date Posted:
21 December 2017
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
HR Coordinator- what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Support the business by providing HR expertise and to co-ordinate all HR related activities for the location and deliver an efficient HR service to employees and managers taking due account of local employment law and company policies and procedures.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure accurate personnel records are maintained using the HR Management Information System, taking account of country specific Data Protection legislation.
2. Update and maintain accurate personnel records using the HR Management Information System, ensuring compliance with Country specific Data Protection legislation. Hard copy personnel files have to be maintained in a secured area with all documents in place.
3. Develop knowledge of the generic Group HR Procedures and local Employee Handbook and ensure consistent application and adherence by line managers and employees.
4. Plan, organise and implement activities to support office HR process, ensuring all processes in relation to these activities.
5. Co-ordination and involvement in induction process for new entrants, including assistance with activities relating to re-location of employees from other region or states.
6. Co-ordination and involvement in training & development events for location.
7. Prepare and maintain relevant HR documentation required to demonstrate the local office complies with Group Policies and Country specific employment legislation.
8. Support line managers in the performance of all HR policies and procedures ensuring undertaken in compliance with the procedures laid down in the HR Procedures Manual.
9. Develop awareness of Office and Divisional requirements for Quality Management System, Health & Safety and Environmental policies, Country specific legal requirements and the company's general 'duty of care' to all employees and ensure reflected in HR activities undertaken.
10. Gather relevant local market data on salaries and benefits across sector and provide quarterly updates to line manager. Highlight areas for development or review on an ongoing basis
11. Act as the point of liaison between the local office and the Central HR function, providing HR information to, and disseminating information from, the Group.
12. By actively pursuing opportunities to develop professional knowledge and skills, become a respected source of impartial advice and guidance for staff and managers on all HR related matters.
WhWhat are V. Group looking for?
· Minimum 3+ years HR Generalist experience with knowledge of local HR regulatory requirements.
· Proficient in Sage People.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource or related field
· Ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Ability to prioritize deadlines and manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities
· Preferably IT literate and highly proficient in use of Microsoft products
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.