Management Accountant - Rotterdam
- Date Posted:
16 January 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Management Accountant – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist the Finance Manager making sure transactions are processed, accurate records are maintained and payments effected in a timely manner. Responsible for month end and other regular reporting requirements. Assist credit controller in his duty to ensure cash deadline are met.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Production of the monthly management accounts, to include, but not limited to a P&L, B/S and Cash flow statement in accordance with the UMC and V. Group reporting requirements.
· Timely completion of any ad hoc V. Group requests for financial information.
· To ensure that all reconciliations are undertaken on a monthly basis.
· To ensure that all sales ledger and purchase ledger transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
· To prepare the monthly inter-company return to V. Group.
· To produce the monthly VAT return.
· To check the monthly payroll, prepare and post the monthly payroll journal.
· To prepare and issue commission statements on a monthly basis.
· To prepare and validate payments as required through the electronic banking systems.
· To process and pay all expense claims.
· Development of the Financial reporting systems i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, Excel reports.
· To manage the cash flow.
· To assist in the preparation of the statutory accounts.
· To assist the Finance Manager as required.
· Any other job that may arise from time to time that the Management Accountant could be reasonably expected to perform.
What are V.Group looking for?
· Experience in finance department and management accounts.
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
· Computer literate: Excel, Word. Experience of Micrsoft Dynamics would be highly beneficial.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Organised, methodical approach.
· Self-motivated, ability to prioritise workload.
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, you will be joining a company that places great emphasis on career growth and personal development.