Financial Planning and Analysis Manager - London
- Date Posted:
24 January 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To deliver high quality information to V.Group Executive Management to inform key decisions and drive sustainable business growth.
To work with colleagues across all functions in the design, capture and reporting of information relating to the performance (both financial and non-financial) of the business. The FP&A manager will assist in the development of customer data supporting the headline financials, and the utilisation of that information in reporting and analysis. This role will also be key to the development of the forecasting and annual budget process, together with delivery of ad-hoc analysis as required by the Director of FP&A and CFO.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build strong relationships across Finance and other functions (such as business development, information technology and operations) to drive open two-way flow of key information.
- Contribute to the development of the business intelligence database, ensuring that data capture and interface aligns to the organisation’s FP&A needs.
- Develop reporting to demonstrate granular financial performance across vessels, customers and offices, identifying trends and opportunities that can be actioned.
- Assist in the development and delivery of regular Management Information, including that board and executive meetings.
- Build a broad library of relevant key performance metrics across the business, supporting both performance reporting/indicators and providing forecasting drivers.
- Assist in the development of a flexible approach to forecasting, and ongoing development of the annual planning process.
- Develop analysis and proposals to support business development and efficiencies.
- Assist the Director of FP&A / CFO with any other duties that it is agreed may be necessary.
What are V. Group looking for?
·Professional accounting qualification (or relevant post-graduate qualification).
·Strong demonstrated commercial awareness in reputable large organisations.
·Exceptional presentation skills.
·Computer literacy: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
·Very comfortable dealing with large datasets, with respect to data organisation and identifying key messages.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.