V.Docks Project Manager - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
31 January 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
V.Docks Project Manager - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· Provide practical on-site support in key technical activity area’s for vessel technical management including dry-docking, lay-ups, takeovers, incident investigation and technical troubleshooting.
· Undertake dry-docking specification reviews, writing dry-docking specifications, tender analysis calculations and advice to colleagues on all dry-docking aspects.
· Provide support as necessary to fleet cells / offices in case of incidents or exceptional technical problems.
· Provide onsite support within regional offices / superintendent cover during periods of high technical workload demand.
· To support the technical team in establishing technical management standards including review of procedures, policies and circulars to ensure that technical operations are conducted in accordance with highest applicable standards.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivering scheduled and emergency dry docking projects.
- Delivering vessel takeover projects.
- Delivering incident investigations.
- Delivering technical support to all applicable technical projects.
- Delivering vessel lay-up / re-activation projects.
- Deliver specification writing / review projects, undertake tender analysis and dry-docking project advice.
- Provide onsite support within regional offices / superintendent cover during periods of high technical workload demand.
- Assisting the technical board in defining policies, procedures and standards and the practical application of such standards across the Group.
- Support operational activities which could be significantly improved if administered on a Group basis.
- Support the defining technical standards to meet legislative rules, and clients' requirements.
- Support the Group training function, develop and contribute to the technical content of shore and crew staff development training materials.
- Internal audits to assess the performance of Regional office technical departments.
What are V. Group looking for?
- Extensive technical experience in managing dry dockings and large repairs. (A minimum of 15 executed dry dockings is the envisaged level of experience with a variety of ship types.)
- Proven experience in Specification writing and review.
- Proven experience in Project Management and cost control execution.
- Proven experience of Dry Dock tender analysis and final invoice negotiation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people of all levels and cultures.
- Experienced user of MS Office, with a high standard of computer literacy.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- Financial and budgetary experience.
- Team training, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Travel level is anticipated to be 140+ days per year.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.