Security Operations Analyst - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
31 January 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Security Operations Analyst - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Security Operations Analyst - as part of the Global Network Security Operations you will be responsible for monitoring security and managing security incidents across V.Group, protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all assets and systems through monitoring, detection, and analysis activities derived from logical and physical security log feeds, directly accessed security systems, and ad-hoc reports.
Investigate and respond to security incidents and engaging the business at multiple levels and undertake monitoring of security controls and policy adherence in line with Company policies.
A self-starter is required for this role and the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate taking ownership of and responsibility for resolving issues.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Utilise existing processes and technologies in place to detect and prevent malicious electronic attacks to V.Group networks and network estate
- Identify attacks and malware (Trojans, Ransomware, etc) analysing event data generated from proxy, endpoints, IDS, MPS, network devices etc.
- Respond to global network and computer security events affecting V.Group’ networks & provide guidance to identify attackers, attacks and how to mitigate effects
- Track and report related security incidents
- Establish and deliver methods & tools which provide value for the organisation by reducing risk
- Help delivering technical detection and response programs and initiatives leveraging experience in doing so previously
- Use previously acquired know-how in global environments to provide success & lessons learned with regards to toolset deployment and costs associated
- Raising security incident tickets and carrying out an initial triage to confirm incidents and close ‘false positives’
- Maintain near real-time situational awareness of all operational and corporate information security systems; this includes all vessel installed security systems
- Provide clear communications to team members
- Managing, monitoring and providing report data for all endpoint protection systems
- Near real-time monitoring and management of network infrastructure for security related incidents
- Proving direct input into the compilation of client monthly cyber reports
- Input into the V.Group incident knowledge database Knowledge of Post incident Response techniques and experience in delivering on corrective action plans within a cyber-arena.
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
· Liaison with other internal and external parties as required.
· Supporting others in ISD on business and technical issues where appropriate.
· Any other duties, which the Group Information Systems Director may require to be carried out.
What are V. Group looking for?
Essential skills, qualifications and experience & level of competence.
· Excellent understanding of security processes and technologies including Security Monitoring, Malware Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment and Threat Intelligence.
· Broad understanding of security techniques and technologies including Intrusion Detection, Sandbox, Proxy & URL filtering, Threat Analysis & Intelligence Fusion
· Experience in Host and Network Intrusion Detection systems and knowledge of log analysis tools and techniques
· Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate, explain security events to the team and stakeholders
· An understanding of the security mechanisms associated with Windows or Unix operating systems, switched networks, applications and databases
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
· Experience responding to information security and privacy incidents
· Familiar with current malware trends and anti-malware solutions
· Ability to work concisely when under pressure or with extremely tight timescales
· Excellent command of English both written and spoken
· Learning from mistakes or successes for future planning and development
· Experience in escalation protocol i.e. knows what should be communicated, when and to whom
· Experience working in international environment and interfacing with multi-tiered team structures
· Community recognised certificates CCNA, CEH, SANS (GSEC, GCIA, GCED, GCIH) and etc.
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.