Inshore Dive Supervisor - Southampton
- Date Posted:
6 February 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Inshore Dive Supervisor – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To take responsibility for and direct the service; quality; health & safety aspects of an operational dive site that meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Lead by example and enforce company policy.
· Supervisors are to meet or exceed their responsibilities as laid down in the respective regulations / Codes of Practice for the region that the diving project is being conducted.
· Maintain relevant diving qualifications to ensure you can dive and supervise dive teams.
· Report and liaise with the Diving Superintendents/Operations Co-ordinators, to ensure operations are of a high standard.
· Ensure load out lists and heads up documents are accurately updated providing a key link between operations and maintenance teams.
· Ensure all onsite paperwork is fit for purpose.
· Produce electronically formatted reports with photographic evidence when required to meet the customer’s specification.
· Ensure diving operations are carried out to meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
· Provide operational feedback to assist with development and growth of UK operations.
· Provide reasonable support to maintenance teams in the Chandlers Ford office when assessed as competent.
· Support the Senior Operations Co-ordinator where appropriate in the preparation of RAMS, putting together job packs, dive teams and invoicing work when required.
· Carry out any other reasonable tasks to support the business.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Recognised Diving qualification supported with evidence of training.
· Evidence of experience by way of a diving log book.
· Significant experience of inshore work sites.
· Effective and proactive team member.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills using Microsoft packages
· Experience of afloat ship repair on inshore/offshore diving projects.
· Hold a current suitable first aid qualification
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.