Head of Data and Insights - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
7 February 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Head of Data and Insights – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Having a strong technical and analytical background is essential but balanced with a good commercial understanding of how data and insights are underpinning organisational development and growth. As the focal point for data strategy and leadership in the organisation, you will be very comfortable at developing and communicating strategy across all levels of an organisation and externally. As a team leader, you will set direction and objectives and develop plans and roadmaps for resources.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
• Develop a comprehensive and effective Data Strategy, in collaboration with the groups seniors leadership, business leaders and technical functions
• Support business process owners in identifying where processes need to be formulated or revised, and driving these through to sign off and implementation
• Ensure that V.Group systems, processes and data/information handling comply with relevant international data protection and privacy regulations
• leading the process of promoting of data maturity and understanding within both the organisation and the wider community
• Delivering effective processes around Master and Reference data,
• Ensuring we have in place effective technology to support our Data vision.
• Ensuring we have effective people, process and working practices to support responsible data management and powerful reporting and data analysis services.
• Maintain data management roadmap, policies and procedures, work with data owners and business leaders to implement data stewardship and data quality within their business areas
• Establish data working groups as necessary, defining terms of reference, scope, participants; and monitor progress of these groups.
• Promote process and data quality and governance across the organisation and Communicate progress on data management initiatives.
• Define and maintain strategy and operating model for BAU monitoring and reporting of data quality and for tracking/resolution of data quality issues
• Maintain and own master data catalogue, business glossaries and conceptual models to define V.Group’ critical data assets.
What are V. Group looking for?
• Demonstrable previous success in developing and delivering a value extracting data strategy
• Ability to estimate accurately effort required and target delivery dates
• Able to demonstrate delivery of master and high value transaction data programs
• A strong communicator able to talk to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience at working with executive leadership teams.
• Flexible & friendly with ability to work with colleagues on a global scale
• Awareness of information security and data protection
• Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate data to support business and commercial insights
• Master's degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science or Business
• Previous experience in an IT leadership role
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.