Head of HR, Crew Management
- Date Posted:
14 February 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Head of HR, Crew Management - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide professional HR support and direction across the BU in accordance with V.Group HR policies and procedures and the relevant jurisdictions employment legislation enabling delivery of relevant business unit objectives and embedding best practice people strategies which continuously support our goal to be an employer of choice. To contribute to the delivery of the V.Group HR strategy as part of the Group HR leadership team
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Be a key business partner to the BU Managing Director in implementing the transformational initiatives.
2. Promote and ensure adherence to the Group Policies and Procedures in all locations within the relevant region, seeking support as required from Group Director, HR.
3. Coach and develop line managers to enhance competency and capability in the management an motivation of their people across the full range of people disciplines, e.g. recruitment, selection, induction, performance management and development, employment legislation, reward and succession planning.
4. Contribute to organisational change projects by providing support and guidance to line managers in the application of compliant people related processes and procedures.
5. Critically assess the resources identified in region as undertaking HR related activities and recommend optimal regional requirements taking due account of organisational and financial constraints.
6. In partnership with the Recruitment Manager monitor, evaluate and participate in the recruitment and selection process to fill agreed vacancies and to ensure the company recruits the best people for available jobs and complies with all necessary legislation and best practice.
7. Ensure all local and Group requirements are adhered to in the preparation and issue of all necessary documentation in relation to terms and conditions of employment or changes thereto to ensure we remain compliant with legal and regulatory requirements
8. Analyse job requirements and prepare job descriptions and person specifications for recruitment, reward and other operational requirements in discussion with line management.
9. Develop and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels allowing a smooth and efficient flow of accurate information and counsel.
10. Ensure line managers comply with Group policy in the proper induction of all new employees and thatall mandatory training requirements are completed within the required timescales.
11. Ensure compliant personnel records exist for all employees within the region, in both manual and automated formats as required.
12. Create, build and sustain effective working relationships and networks with key partners including external legal advisors and appropriate local service providers as agreed with the Group functional expert, e.g. learning & development, recruitment, reward.
13. Ensure effective, efficient and compliant payroll processes exist across the relevant region, including reporting requirements to local statutory bodies and employees as required.
14. Produce accurate statistical data for the region to ensure all V.Group people data is accurately reported in a timely manner.
15. Contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s HRIS and associated processes and procedures in accordance with HR strategic objectives, embedding any changes /new developments across the relevant region.
16. A degree of flexibility is needed in this position and the role holder may be required to undertake work not specifically referred to above, such as relevant project work as directed by the Group Director, HR.
What are V. Group looking for?
• CIPD or HR related qualification with minimum of 10+ years’ experience in an HR generalist role at manager level, ideally in a similar sectors
• Proven ability in dealing with challenging organisational structures, including matrix management
• Proven leadership skills and evidence of resilience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiatives as part of multi-location team
• Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and make best use of limited resources
• Decision making/complex problem solving and analytical capability a key requisite
• Strong negotiations and influencing skills with ability to make change happen
• IT literate and highly proficient in use of Microsoft products
• Someone with strong OD background who can support transformational changes.
• Have managed employee teams in Philippines, India, and European countries like Russia, Ukraine etc.
• Has held Global HR role
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.