Divisional FInance Manager - Gdynia
- Date Posted:
25 February 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Divisional Finance Manager – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
· To provide support to the Head of Finance, Crewing and the Crewing West Operations Director through effective financial management of the entity function.
· To develop best practice policy on all finance procedures and to manage the overall financial performance of the entities within the region, including responsibility for the timely preparation of Group financial reporting and statutory reporting.
· To provide financial and performance advice to the Crewing West Operations Director that will assist in the running and strategic direction of the business and to support the development of a culture of continuous improvement.
· Ensure all entity financial records are maintained in accordance with the established accounting policies and procedures for all offices in the region.
· Ensure delivery of monthly management accounts and other deliverables per the deadlines on the V.Group Entity Accounts calendar for all offices in the region.
· Ensure that all offices in the region submit accurate and complete accounts to their clients in accordance with the timetable agreed with the clients.
· Provide support and assistance to the senior management team in all offices in the region to ensure that they are fully aware of financial controls and risks and to provide decision making information when required.
· Monitor the funding position of each client in conjunction with the senior finance staff in the region and assist them in discussions with clients on funding issues keeping the Operations Director for the region fully advised on problematic clients.
· Liaise with the finance team in each of the regional offices to
ü Monitor headcount KPIs
ü Review the overhead costs and make cost savings where appropriate including the use of centralised functions
ü Manage the working capital requirements and minimise cash held locally
ü Reduce the level of debts owed to Group companies and contracted suppliers from their clients
ü Manage / improve internal controls, to improve financial and performance efficiency working with divisional finance team and internal audit as required
ü Ensure that all audits (internal, external and client) are completed as scheduled
ü Ensure compliance with local tax regulations (eg filings, payments, etc) and all Group Tax Policies keeping the Group Tax team advised of any issues
· Discuss the monthly performance to the Operations Director and the management team in the offices within the region.
· Provide the Head of Finance, Crewing with a monthly Management Information Pack (MIP) for the region.
· Review and challenge of the reforecasts and annual budgets submitted by the regional offices in conjunction with the Operations Director for the region.
· Participate in the annual salary review in conjunction with the regional Head of Finance and Operations Director to ensure that the proposal submitted to Group HR comply with the guidelines issued by the Group together with supporting commentary.
· Assist the Head of Finance and Operations Director for the Business Unit with any other duties that it is agreed may be necessary.
What is V.Group looking for?
· Experience working within a multinational corporation and of Group reporting
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Good leadership skills
· Ability to delegate
· Professional accounting qualification, coupled with strong technical accounting ability and exposure
· Significant management experience
· Fluency in Russian would be advantageous
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.