Operational Excellence Lead, Europe - Gdynia
- Date Posted:
5 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Operational Excellence Lead - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To lead global projects and ensure the implementation of process changes in respective region/geography.
To lead the continuous improvement drive in respective region/geography
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Leads global projects
2. Manage successful rollout of transformation solutions within the assigned region
3. Facilitates the ongoing business improvements to improve KPIs and productivity
4. Responsible on coordination with global counterparts in relation with the business improvement strategies designed by the OPEX team
5. Drives standardization and compliance to global blueprint
6. Responsible on working closely with the Crewing Directors and Hub GMs to identify improvement projects
7. Establish metrics to monitor profitability and revenue analysis
8. Responsible on the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement across the assigned country
9. Responsible on reviewing processes and procedures towards business improvements
What are V. Group looking for?
· Graduate of Industrial Engineering or any business-related course, with MA degree is an advantage
· experience on working on cross-cultural environment
· With excellent verbal and non-verbal skills
· Excellent change management skills and experience
· Must show ability to influence without formal authority
Knowledgeable on different continuous improvement methodologies including lean, 6 sigma, project management and business analysis
· Must be comfortable working in a virtual, global team
· Minimum of at least 8+ years of proven project management and continuous improvement experience, preferably on the shipping and maritime industry
· Preferably with Lean 6 sigma certified, with project management (PMP / Prince 2) certified and experience in automation, digitization and other technology-driven improvement projects on a shipping and maritime industry
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.