Travel Consultant (Manila)
- Date Posted:
5 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Travel Consultant - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To organize the marine travel arrangements, book flights, hotels & cars and any other ancillary services and issue tickets for all clients. Achieving the targeted travel rates and ensure that travel service provided meets / exceeds client expectations. Supporting the office manager in the day to day running of the department & assisting other departments swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. Flight arrangements to be made in accordance with request. Using best fare/routing in the most efficient manner, and employing all possible systems & resources to ensure competitive & prompt service.
2. Verification that booked passenger meets visa requirements at arrival and in transit locations (if any).
3. Verify with Crew Manager for crew bookings that travel plan arrangements made are in accordance with arrival and departure of vessel in question.
4. Handle internal & external clients, marine & corporate, in a uniform way, ensuring best service protocol.
5. Always offer marine & published, adhering to eligibility rules.
6. Monitor client satisfaction and report any irregularities to office supervisor and manager.
7. Must properly hand over any pending request/transactions to next duty personnel
8. Must not leave work station/ post without the next duty personnel
9. Must follow completely the operations process/procedure to avoid or minimize error
10. Communicate inter office to assist and support the business in both day to day activities and the strategic development of the business
11. Any other task that may be assigned by supervisor and/or line manager as needed by operations
What are V. Group looking for?
1. Must have strong computer skills in particular with spread sheets, word processing, use of e-mail and work experience with the Amadeus/Galileo reservation system.
2. Must have a minimum 2 years’ experience from within a travel agency or travel department background.
3. Must be self-motivated and have good organizational skills with ability to delegate work as appropriate.
4. Must have efficiency & productivity skills working with attention to detail to minimize errors.
5. Must have a positive outlook and be a self-motivated team player.
6. Must be fluent in English.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.