Fleet Personnel Manager - Hamburg
- Date Posted:
19 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Fleet Personnel Manager- what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· To manage the overall performance and welfare of the MOTO pool of seafarers in order to promote all aspects of ‘fleet health’.
· To promote and foster high quality and objectively driven working relationships between MOTO fleet teams and crewing/training teams.
· To lead MOTO client interface regarding the supply and management of crew in order to ensure that the client’s realistic requirements are achieved and that the client fully understands the V.Ships crewing capability and best practice requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· To monitor and work with Crewing colleagues, to ensure compliance with VMS recruitment and mobilisation procedures
· To monitor and work closely with Crewing and Training colleagues to ensure seafarer training needs are effectively closed out in a timely manner.
· Collate and prepare statistical crewing reports, identify patterns and trends and report accordingly; for internal use and prior to key client meetings.
· Review the Fleet Health Assessments and collaborate with Fleet Managers and Fleet Crew Managers to implement best practice.
· Prepare future crew supply forecasts based upon changes within the fleet.
· Review and advise on potential crew welfare and/or crew benefit package initiatives.
· Review and prepare options for future crewing strategies for the fleet.
· Preparation of RSQ19.
· Review and analyse crew performance (operational & behavioural) trends and recommend actions to support continuous improvement.
· Overview and monitor the behavioural and operational performance of seafarers and participate with Crewing colleagues in the development of seafarer careers by utilising the information in performance appraisals, seafarer development checklists and personal training record books.
· Recommend annual Crew Seminar schedule to Regional Crew Director and lead overall operational planning and execution of crew seminar in partnership with Fleet Managers.
· Work in conjunction with Fleet Crew Managers to visit fleet vessels on a regular basis and report findings with recommendations.
· Promote strong and professional relationships between Fleet Crew Managers and Fleet teams.
· Ensure all preparations and data analysis are effective prior to key client meetings.
· Attend MOTO client meetings to promote V.Ships Crew Management best practice and evaluate / respond to realistic client requirements.
· Work with relevant Marine Operations (Crewing) offices in order to familiarize their crewing operations with client/fleet requirements.
· To monitor TPA performance and work with the Regional Crew Director to ensure controls are maintained and issues are rectified.
· Ensure that adequate levels of operational crew management performance are provided to key clients.
· To assist the Regional Crew Director in marketing and development of crew sourcing and management services locally.
· To monitor and ensure all industrial relations are smoothly covered and ensure fees/dues are paid accurately and timely.
· Any perceived or actual lack of performance by any part of the crew supply and/or management staff is to be brought to the attention of the appropriate line manages for assessment and rectification.
What are V.Group looking for?
· Experience in crew management and/or senior seagoing position is essential.
· Good communication (written and oral) skills with the ability to engage and negotiate with people at all levels.
· Research and analysis skills with a methodical and organised approach to work.
· A self-starter with a proven track record of working on own initiative.
· Good time management skills with experience of meeting deadlines
· Computer literate with excellent skills in MS Excel and Word.
· Good working knowledge of Shipsure is desirable but training will be provided.
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, you can expect significant opportunities for career progression and personal growth.