Operations and Quality Superintendent - Seatec Safety - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
19 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Operations and Quality Superintendent - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary focus of this position is to ensure the quality of technical reports to high standards and to provide both technical and administrative assistance to the Operations Department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· In charge of Quality Assurance (QA) and review of the technical reports produced by the consultants. To be the main contact with consultants in ensuring the reports are sent on time and are of high quality.
· To initiate and adopt recommendation from clients / consultants with regard to report formats and requirements
· To update all technical circulars, training and inspection materials to reflect changes in industry requirements and international regulations
· To be mentor/ trainer for new recruits in compliance with our requirements
· Assist Operations department with technical and administration duties whenever required.
· To undertake short duration, out of office, visits to vessels for inspections, audits and carry out field audits of consultants for quality compliance as and when required.
What are V.Group looking for?
· Sailing Experience as Senior Officer on-board Ocean going Vessels.
· Experience in ISO and ISM Auditing, and Oil Major Vetting Inspections.
· An excellent working knowledge of statutory requirements, regulations and marine codes of practice.
· Good communications skills and an ability to interact with clients and colleagues comfortably.
· Good IT skills (MS office applications) in presenting materials and reports.
· Well organised and systematic working style and attention to detail.
· Fluent in English and business English writing skills
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, you can expect significant opportunities for career progression and personal growth.