Tribologist - Glasgow
- Date Posted:
19 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Tribologist - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary focus of this position is to analyse lubricating oil, fuel oil, cylinder scrape down oil, fuel purifier, oily water separator, water and grease used by vessels to identify any issues.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Investigating and diagnosing issues relating to marine lubricants and fuels, based on test results provided by our laboratory.
· Communicating with customers about test results and making recommendations based on results obtained.
· Advising customers of technical updates.
· Maintaining and analysing data trends with regards to test results.
· Interpreting results of analysis of waste water, sewage water, potable water and oily water.
· Interpreting results of fuel purifier assessments.
· Undertaking bunkering analysis, to ensure that procedures and regulations are being maintained in order to maintain fuel oil quality.
What are V.Group looking for?
· Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Technology or Petroleum Engineering (Downstream)
· Chemical Engineering background and experience in an oil testing laboratory
· BINDT Level 1 Lubrication Analysis (ISO 18436) or equivalent qualification
· Experience with used lubricating oil: analysis, interpreting results and reporting
· Experience with fuel oil analysis and good knowledge of IMO regulations
· Familiar with MS Office packages including word processing, spread sheets, databases and web based applications
· Experience with Interpretation of waste water, sewage water, potable water and oily water separator analysis
· Able to provide technical updates/newsletters to the clients
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, you can expect significant opportunities for career progression and personal growth.