Oceanic Catering Representative (Shanghai)
- Date Posted:
1 June 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Oceanic Catering Representative - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
· To represent Oceanic Catering at client meetings.
· To assist Oceanic Catering in planning, organizing, conducting and directing a wide range of training activities, programs and courses, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods. Offering a way of developing skills, enhancing productivity and quality of work.
· To conduct individual briefings and trainings on systems and procedures for catering personnel such as chief cooks.
· To conduct trainings for local office and responsible on de-briefings for catering personnel.
· To visit Oceanic Catering managed vessels during their call in Shanghai area ports, or at other ports that management may decide, in order to assess the service, to conduct an audit as well as to provide support on Oceanic Catering operating software and reporting procedures.
· To visit Oceanic Catering approved vendors, conduct audits and provide reporting to management. To audit deliveries and ensure suppliers are compliant with the Company health, safety and quality policies.
· To provide administered vessels with the necessary catering materials and supportive services in order to achieve consistent levels of victualing service within the given budgetary guidelines and as per client agreements.
· To assist the various departments swiftly and promptly with information or other supportive services that may be requested and to maintain excellent relations with local and international colleagues.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. To assist in designing and developing individual and specific training and development programs based on the company, clients and the individual trainee’s needs.
2. To analyse training needs based on industry requirements and trainee feedback or modifying and improving existing programs.
3. To review and evaluating training programs for compliance with MLC and national standards. Constantly ensuring that statutory training requirements are met.
4. To assist in developing and organizing training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
5. To conduct orientation sessions and on-the-job training. Maintaining and improving job skills and job knowledge.
6. To arrange systematic visits to vessels in accordance with Management guidelines in order to evaluate the service offered to the managed fleet.
7. To conduct physical stock count on board vessels of all available provisions, to assess the general safety, hygiene and working practices in the galley, the messes and the storage areas, to review the menu offering and to train & support the vessel catering crew on areas of concern.
8. To review the stock management & administration, the monthly reporting, the utilization of stock versus expected guidelines and the overall performance versus budget.
9. To introduce, train and provide support to both Chief Cooks and Captains on the vessel catering module.
10. To discuss with Captain and the Catering Committee on the service provided and relay any issues, concerns or suggestions for improvement to Management.
11. To arrange systematic vendor audits with all Oceanic Catering suppliers in accordance with Management guidelines in order to evaluate the service offered meet’s the Company’s requirements.
12. To conduct delivery audits in order to assess the quality of products supplied and take necessary action for immediate rectification of any issues including the replacement of inferior quality products.
13. To provide a detailed report to Management with all the findings, supporting evidence and recommendations on possible actions to rectify any shortcomings.
14. To be conversant with the company’s safety & quality policy, its objectives and the duties / obligations this job description carries within the company.
15. To assist in the control of activities (as per company guidelines) in case of incidents or emergencies.
16. To build a strong foundation for OCL in China by making best use of all local resources, business partners and co-workers.
17. To attend meetings with existing and new clients and represent the the intention and values of OCL in a professional way.
18. To permanently analyse and evaluate the local market by keeping up to date with latest regulations and guidelines.
19. Any other duties which catering management may require to be carried out.
What are V. Group looking for?
· Proven experience as Hotel Director, Head Chef, Camp Boss, Chief Cook or Provision Master on board sea going vessels.
· Proven knowledge and experience in Food Safety Management, Stock Handling and Administration
· Proven skills in training and auditing.
· Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
· Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office.
· The highest personal integrity standards.
· A positive outlook and be a self-motivated team leader.
· A very good command of the English language both written and oral.
· Good understanding of finance and possess good analytical skills.
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.