Head of Credit Control - Glasgow or Monaco
- Date Posted:
25 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Head of Credit Control - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In this new role, you will be responsible for managing the credit control activities for our marine Services Division across a number of global locations
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordination of all credit controllers in Marine Services (various locations: Monaco, Cyprus, Singapore)
· Checking new customer's credit situation and make recommendation on credit limits
· Assist in the setting up of the credit control system
· Meet and Monitor cash & debtor day targets set by the Group
· Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
· Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales
· Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company's policies
· Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
· Develop the credit management capability and processes within the team
· Other duties as delegated from time to time by the CFO or Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence
What are V.Group looking for?
· Strong Excel skills
· Fluent English
· Interpersonal and Communication skills
· Attention to details / Rigorous
· Process improvements
· Experience of Microsoft Dynamics 365 would be beneficial
What can I expect in return?
In addition to a market leading salary and benefits package, you can expect significant opportunities for career progression and personal growth.