General Manager, Technical and Compliance (TACT) - Chennai
- Date Posted:
28 March 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector
General Manager, Technical Analysis and Compliance (TACT) - what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To deliver a sustainable business for the benefit of the stakeholders which will be evidenced by continued profit growth through the building of a talent base capable of delivering excellence in service. At all times ensuring corporate governance and compliance to both internal and external regulatory frameworks and policies
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
· Develop and implement the strategic goals of the business unit in line with our overall corporate objectives. Ensure that individual objectives are cascaded down to each employee.
· Ensure business review meetings are held regularly and related action plan is in place to meet business objectives.
· Ensure that client relationships are pro-actively developed by aiming to continuously improve the level of service provided. In the event of a client complaint ensure it is promptly investigated, appropriate corrective action is taken and that relevant stakeholders are duly kept informed.
· Prepare, gain acceptance and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimized. Ensure prompt collection of fees and invoices.
· Ensure that qualified, competent and experienced staff is appointed. Ensure through the Performance Appraisal process and the support and encouragement of continuing professional development, essential knowledge and skills are maintained.
· Take a pro-active approach to the career development of all the staff and in particular those identified as potential successors and ’talent’.
· Through continuous improvement ensure service delivery is upgraded and feedback through customer dashboard is on an upward trend
· Build a safety culture by educating and keeping all employees informed of safety updates.
· Keep abreast of future technology and innovation and provide strategic direction for future business operations.
What are V. Group looking for?
· A related engineering degree or masters. Conversant with state of the art technology in the ship management industry.
· A good understanding and experience of managing financial budget and running a business with profit and cost responsibilities.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels.
· Proven strong leadership quality to lead a large team.
· A high level of commercial awareness and experience in managing client relationships
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to drive change
· Strong knowledge in marine technical compliance, safety and asset management
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.