· To act as the “back-up” to the Fleet Superintendent under the guidance of the Fleet Superintendent and under the coordination of the Fleet Manager. In the absence of the Fleet Superintendent, this can involve monitoring the vessel on a day to day basis to ensure operational continuity.
· To assist in the development of the vessel’s annual budget, as well as the preparation and review of client specific financial reporting, in conjunction with Fleet Superintendents and the Procurement function.
· To assist in preparation and updating of daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly reports, under guidance of Fleet Superintendent / Fleet Manager.
· To receive, collate and review all reports received from the vessels and ensure that any discrepancies or abnormalities within the reports are brought to the attention of the Fleet Superintendent or Fleet Manager in a timely manner.
· To assist the Fleet Superintendent in maintaining an accurate and up to date record of vessel certificates, survey status and documentation. Assist Fleet Supt / Fleet Manager in taking necessary action to obtain renewals or extensions as required to maintain validity going forward.
· Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and equipment certificates and their expiry dates are correctly entered in vessel certificate module in Shipsure.
· To assist fleet technical superintended in monitoring and record keeping of vessel spare part inventory and ensure that it is kept up to date.
· Monitor purchasing and where necessary, provide support to fleet superintendent for the assigned vessels.
· Provide assistance as requested in any contingency operations, and assist in establishing the root cause of any incident and/or accident investigation. Take part in any follow-up review of lessons learned.
· Any other duties required by Fleet Manager.
AS EXPERIENCE DEVELOPS THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS WILL ALSO APPLY:
· Plan, control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of assigned vessels.
· Plan, control and execute all activities connected to class and flag state survey and certificate requirements and build and maintain effective liaison with relevant authorities.
· Work cooperatively with relevant members of the Fleet Cell to co-ordinate all information required for the preparation of the vessels’ running cost budget. Maintain strict control of all aspects of vessel expenditure, ensure vessel expenditure is accrued to vessel accounts, and take appropriate action to bring costs to budget level. Any potential unbudgeted expenditure must be flagged to the Fleet Manager without delay.
· 4. Monitor vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumptions, and implement timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters.