Office Administrator - Aberdeen
- Date Posted:
25 April 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Office Administrator – what does that involve?
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Providing administration function to V.Ships Offshore; including document control and facilities focal point.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• General office duties (typing, word processing, post opening, general queries, desk top publishing, photocopying and filing)
• Facilities focal point on behalf of the General Manager
• Meet and Greet clients and visitors including initial safety briefing
• Creation and distribution of minutes from meetings
• Assisting with office invoice processes
• Maintain and update databases and systems
• Work with the technical department with respect to the maintenance of the filing structure
• Distribution of inspection reports
• Arrange travel, visas, currency and introduction letters
• Maintenance of vessels records, analysis sheets, check lists and technical manuals
• General administration assistance or cover as required by departments
What are V. Group looking for?
• Experience in a general office administration position
• Experience maintaining and updating spreadsheets and systems
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
• Minute Taking
• Flexible approach
• Able to work as part of a team
• Ability to work on own initiative and independently
• Good communication skills
• Able to work to deadlines
• Experience in the shipping industry
• Experience using SharePoint system
• Word processing / typing certificates
• Experience arranging business travel
• Experience liaising with staff or customers on a global basis
• Experience and understanding of accounts processes
• Appreciation of health and safety
• Understanding of logistics and other elements of the shipping industry
What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth
Contact: Gary Robinson