Bid Coordinator (Singapore)
- Date Posted:
26 April 2018
Who are V. Group?
To put it simply, we are a leading global maritime service provider, specialising in the outsourced technical management of high value maritime assets and the provision of a wide-range of high value supporting technical, workforce and commercial services. We specifically operate in the commercial shipping, cruise, energy and defence sectors. Since the group's formation, we have expanded our range of services and global reach to a point where we are a true leader in the outsourced shipping management sector.
Bid Coordinator - what does that involve?
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To support the Group Bid Team in preparing the most competitive vessel budgets and producing proposal material and presentations to maximise our potential for winning new businesses. To plan and manage the bid response process and to deliver submission documents in line with the requirements of each tender. All documentation to be maintained to the highest standards in the Group CRM system.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain Salesforce pipeline with opportunity owners within your portfolio
2. Provide Salesforce training for licence holders within your portfolio
1. Management of all aspects of the bid process to ensure deadlines are met, including meeting planner throughout the bid
2. Support and drive the bid process. Determine the scope and timeline of new bids and maintain the tender checklist
3. Coordinate the preparation of the bid ensuring that other contributors provide information on time to the required standard, addressing the client’s needs
4. Compile, edit, and proof read commercial proposals which contain technical content and designs ensuring that these are presented in a professional and concise manner
5. Ensure that the most appropriate and relevant solutions for each bid are effectively collated from all parts of the business for the Bid Manager to appraise
6. Provide internal feedback on team responses, working together to ensure a submission of the highest standard is achieved
7. Review and revise documents prepared by others and coordinate the preparation of those materials in a completed bid document
8. Attend project briefings, mid-tender and post-tender meetings as required
9. Production (and management) of presentations
1. Develop knowledge of business, its products and services by reading and review previous bid and design documents and spending time with pre sales, technical and commercial functions.
2. Maintain Bid Documentation Library
3. Support the development of standard bid templates
4. Continually appraise bid materials and contribute to improving standards.
5. Contribute to the review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learnt to promote continuous improvement
Initially, in addition to the core role,
1. Undertake weekly meetings with GM’s to ensure that vessel churn and forecasting is up to date
2. Administration of the Key Account programme within your portfolio
What are V. Group looking for?
1. Candidates must possess at least a Degree/Diploma in related field of Ship Management, Engineering and Finance, preferably with background on SalesForce
2. Extensive bid writing experience and technical awareness specifically in ship management budgeting or management of such budgets
3. Exceptional attention to detail when working under pressure
4. Excellent interpersonal skills
5. Able to work to tight timescales particularly when developing proposals
6. Substantial experience using MS Office including Word and PowerPoint
7. Team and action oriented; proactive in prioritising own work load and assigned areas of responsibility to others
8. Able to influence assertively to get results
9. Strong business acumen and a proven track record of success
10. A strong command of spoken and written English
What can I expect in return?
V.Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development. This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.